Thursday, November 14, 2013

Support on the Home Front

One of the challenges of NaNoWriMo is the commitment of time - for thirty days. Family and friends root for you early on, but as one week becomes two, three... well all too often people in our lives start to feel lonely. We start to feel guilty for not spending time with them. And, face it, we need real life social contact from time to time. No, Twitter does not count!

I have been very lucky. My husband has been very supportive. Day three he surprised me and brought a 'writer's lunch' into my writing area and tiptoed away. Yesterday he offered me another, which I declined (I felt badly, but I wasn't hungry.)  When I returned from one of our local write-ins last night, he pressed me at dinner to tell him about it, I mean more than the polite query.

My 24 year old son has started sending me writer tips and silly advice, like this one which is a list of children's stories Not to write.

I love that my family is doing little things to help encourage me on my path to 50,000. 
I'm going to have to do something really nice for them, 17 days from now...after a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment