Saturday, November 23, 2013

Inner Editor Tries to Escape - Again

I had a fight with my inner editor again. I just can't seem to keep her locked up. Maybe I just need better ear muffs.

Thursday (NaNo day 21) she was at it again. "You have only two chapters left in your head and you still have 12,000 words to go to reach your goal. No way you're going to have enough to say!"

God, I really dislike her.

Finally I had to get out the billy club and beat her back into the trunk. This time I put four padlocks on it. Since then I've been on a tear. I've written 9,000 words. And- I still have most of a chapter to write.

I'll admit, I'm feeling a wee bit proud of myself. I've thought of opening the trunk and showing her, but she's wily. She'll jump out of my grasp and start taunting me again. Nope, best to keep her in there. If all goes well, I'm getting to 45k tonight. (Day 23)

I think I can actually dream about begin done before my sons get here for Turkey Day. What's that?
Damn, she's banging on the trunk lid. Maybe I should keep that goal from her for now. It seems to energize her.

Good luck all!


No comments:

Post a Comment