Saturday, May 4, 2019

Crossed a Threshold

Whew! In early April I crossed the 80k word threshold and I'm feeling pretty good about my book.

I just finished reading it to my husband. (I love reading aloud.) I started reading it during Snowmegedon, but then I got to a part that I knew I still needed to fill in and we had to put the reading on hold. But I finished bridging the plot hole chasm and in a three day readathon, I finished reading the story to my beloved.

While Phil reads a lot, 98% of it is non-fiction. Lots of science, business, and psychology stuff. But, he was engrossed by my story. I even made him cry at the end! That is quite the compliment.

Now my critique group is telling me to stop bringing re-worked bits to group and start querying.

I'm terrified.

But, Heather has set me a deadline. I'm to bring my query and a list of agents to start with by the end of May.

*glup*

Now I'm off to read everything I can on crafting a query letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment